Monday, September 10, 2007

I'M FEELING A BIT OVERWHELMED THESE DAYS

Okay, I guess you can see a month has passed. I still suck at updates. I'm trying here. It's just that so much has been going on in my life over the past couple of months. We made it through one move back to NC. Now, here we are about to move again. At least it's not to another state, and just a couple of minutes from where we live. We're moving back into the house that we own. We're just praying the owners of the place where we're renting now will be nice enough to let us out of this lease soon, considering it's not our fault. We had to evict the tenants in our house. It's a long story. So far, it's not looking good. They owners are not budging. There's been no interest in this house we're renting.
I am excited about finally doing some long overdue work on our house , plus some thanks to our last tenants. They really destroyed our house. It makes me angry to think about it. They had a dog that scratched up the window sill, the door frame to our back door, the door itself, and chewed two pair of custom wood blinds. Somehow, they also messed up the door frame to the front door as well as a closet door. They just weren't good on doors I suppose. And, they were nasty. We found dog poop in the den as well as the master bedroom after they moved out. The carpet was ruined and they were smokers. Cigarette butts were everywhere. The lawn is in ruins. We're going to have to resod an area in the back where they chose to slap up a swimming pool. It should not have gone up at all without our permissin. Since they did put it up anyways, they could have at least placed it in the mulch area just a few inches from the grass. On top of matters, we need to replace shingles because the roof is starting to age. It's almost time for a new one. We're just tryign to hold out. And, we're going to need new siding soon. There's also lots of wood rot around the house that now needs replacing. Of course, our insurance won't cover any of this. They claim it's just "normal wear and tear over time." Go figure. Why even have insurance? They never want to cover you when you need it. It's such a racket.
My husband and I spent all weekend tearing down wallpaper as we prepare for a new paint job to the house. The kitchen was easy. The bathrooms have been painful. It's like the wallpaper is superglued to the walls.
Let's see what else. My car has been in and out of the shop for the last three weeks now. I'm growing irritated with the sales tech. because when I picked it up today from the shop, he told me I needed to replace two, no three critical items that I just replaced with him three weeks ago. I know it's hard to keep up with everyone. At least read the paperwork. Then my extended warranty folks are refusing to cover the replacement of my keys. The remote locks on them aren't working. They say, "oh you just need to replace the battery in them." I've tried explaining to them twice already that the dealer says these batteries are sealed in the key and you can't replace them without replacing the whole key. Just to appease the warranty folks, I took the keys to Batteries Plus so the guy there could say the same thing. Sure enough he did. Now it looks like the warranty folks will be replacing them after all. Again, another form of insurance that doesn't want to cover you when you need it.
Then there's still thoughts of me starting my own business. I had been waiting and waiting for the bank to decide if they were going to approve our loan for it. It looks like we've made it through the first hurdle. I'm sort of excited. It's been hard to be with all of the other stuff around me going down. It's just been so frustrating. I just feel as if things have to get better soon.

No comments: