HEAD BUMP
I'm feeling so bad tonight. We had a very nasty head bump. I so hate when David gets hurt. Then, I start to feel so guilty. I really feel guilty about this one because it was sort off my fault. We were headed to the bathroom to run his bath water when I rubbed David's head as he's trying to run away from me. He lost his balance. Next thing I know, he slammed into a corner wall. Now, he's got an ugly bump on his head. I was about ready to rush him to the E.R. Then, I calmed down. There was no blood just a big ol' bump. It reminded me of a Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck cartoon. You know, the ones where they get that big ol' knot when they get hit in the head with something. Only, his isn't nearly as big. Yes, he cried. Big fat tears came out after it happened. I know it was an accident and I know the bruise will eventually go away ,but still I just feel so horrible. As a first time mom you always want to be the hero and protect your little one from getting hurt ever. Even though it's inevitable.
I gave David a little extra attention all evening. We had ice cream before bed. Listened to his favorite cd and read like 6 or 7 books over and over again. I showered his little bruise with kisses until he got sleepy. I'm sure sometime tonight I'll peak in on him to kiss the owie again. :)
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment