Thursday, December 14, 2006

OH WELL, I TRIED
It wasn't my day for trying new things. Let's start with this ornament.


I bought one of those kits to make a Baby's First Ornament. I followed the instructions to a tee. It said add 1/4 cup of water to mixture. I did. Then, I added the mix. Mine came out all soupy, instead of pasty. So, I kept checking the mixture to see if it had hardened. I must have missed the window to put David's hand in mixture. By the time I did, it had gotten a little too hard. As you can see that doesn't look much like a baby's hand at all. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Oh well, I tried. I'm thinking of contacting the company to let them know how disappointed I was with this product. Secondly, I spent most of the morning trying to get David to pose for a picture in front of the tree. I was hoping to use it for a Christmas card. That didn't go over too well either. He wouldn't smile. He didn't want to sit still. He kept crawling towards me. So, this is the best I could get.


Maybe we'll try again tomorrow.







2 comments:

Christie O. said...

what a cute picture! i did the same thing with aidan. i must have taken a zillion pictures. in fact, you'll probably get my picture of it in the next couple of days! he rolled around, stuck his thumb in his mouth, grabbed at his hat, everything but look at the camera and smile. too funny.

Unknown said...

Hey there. Lets see you have three options for the ornament. 1. Do a hand trace. 2. Do an ink blot (suggested anyway by those child protective groups) 3. Try again.

Happy Holidays!