Thursday, December 14, 2006

DECK THE HALLS
I'm feeling very festive these days. I love Christmas. It's my favorite time of the year, next to the beginning of the Fall season. We finally got our lights up yesterday. It took me a minute getting help from hubby. He hates putting up the lights. He considers it a chore. To me, it's so much fun decorating. I think I like decorating even more now that I have David. Something else that's changed since I've become a mommy is that I like all holiday decorations now, even stuff I once considered downright tacky. I like seeing the multi colors on people's houses (I used to only like white lights), flashy lights, dozens of candy canes lining the driveway, flashing Merry Christmas signs on windows, snowflakes & big Frosty the Snowmen sitting in the front yard. Yes, Tis the Season. It only comes once a year. I say we should all embrace it. It is indeed the most wonderful time of the year. Here's some pics of our Christmas tree and the yard. The tree is still growing on me. I think we need more ornaments or something or maybe it's just the tree. Hubby and David picked this one out. I don't know, something just seems odd about it.
Also, I'm thinking of adding some lights on the trees outside. I did it for our house in Tampa, but it was a palm tree. It was so pretty. We'll see how it looks on regular old trees. I'll update if I decide to do so.

2 comments:

Christie O. said...

how pretty!!! love the house and the tree!!! i love christmas, it's so much more fun with the kiddies! even if they have no clue!

Unknown said...

if you want to get wild, wrap the tree in front of the yard. they do that at all the restaurants and it looks so festive. keep it up all year long and turn it on whenever. Its not too late!!