Monday, October 09, 2006

SPIDERS, SNAKES, AND GATORS..OH MY!!


Over the weekend, we visited the Alabama State Fair. David looked as if he were ready to jump out of my husband's arms and make a mad dash for the rides. There were a lot of fun exhibits. We saw a show where a man dived inside of a tank filled with sharks. It was interesting to us, but boring, for David. Pulling my hair was way more fun to him. So, we went to see some cows...still boring. Then, we were off to see the reptiles. There were lizards, tarantulas, geckos, and all of the other creepy, crawly creatures that I don't like. On the way out, there was a man offering to take a picture of you holding a snake for five bucks. My husband had the money ready before we were out of the door good. I had no idea what he was up to until I saw that big boa the man was holding. There was no way I was letting my baby get near it. It was bad enough that I let him take a picture rubbing a baby alligator. At least, the gator's mouth had a band around it. This thing was huge. The owner claimed it was a baby. I would hate to see an adult sized one. Neil says come on it will be fun. I'm like no way (as I get louder and louder). People were just staring at us like my husband was trying to kidnap David. Eventually, I gave in. I told the guy to keep the mouth of that snake far away from David. Why did my son love it just like he loved rubbing on the gator. I guess he's going to grow up to be just like his dad with a love for all animals...even the creepy crawly ones. I hope I won't have another Steve Irwin on my hands...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

snake is way too close to David. If you have another Steve Erwin, I hope you have a first aid kit handy.

Christie O. said...

yikes!!!!!!!! that snake's bigger than david! looks like it doesn't bother him at all! :)