
Over the weekend, David got to catch up with his good pal William, who's moving away soon. It's too bad because I was hoping they would get to spend some more time together while we're in Alabama over this next year.
William's dad and my husband have been bestfriends since high school. What's funny is that David's very outgoing like William's dad. William is quiet and reserved like my husband.
We all went to the Magic City Classic between Alabama A&M and Alabama State. It is the "biggest" rivalry football game in Alabama next to Alabama vs. Auburn. Of course, I was rooting for A&M. Yeah, they won! I spent a year at A&M before moving on to Hampton. It was a great school, but it was like an extension of high school for me, considering it's in the town where I grew up. I just wanted a change. The game was packed. I think more than 60,000 people attended. Being there took me back to my old college days, which somedays I do miss. It also reminded how much older I've gotten as I looked around at the girls. Many of them were wearing extremely high heeled boots with fur, short skirts and flirty tops and sweaters. That used to be me (although some of them have taken fashion to a whole new level I would never try). Now, I'm just trying to be comfortable.
Of course, our boys got all of the attention. We were literally counting the number of women gawking at them. My husband and his friend both decided to wear the Baby Bjorn carriers with the boys. It was too cute. One woman asked if they were twins. How stupid..when they look nothing alike. I think people are just looking for something to say sometimes.
In all, we had a really good time. It wore David out. He stayed up for 5 hours during that game, but who can sleep with all of those people cheering and the bands playing. Let's just say he slept all the way home and all night long. Unfortunately, no one told him about Daylight Saving Time. So, he was up at 5 instead of the usual 6. It was pretty much the same this morning. Oh well, maybe we'll he get right tonight.. I can only hope.


1 comment:
how cute! the men and the baby bjorns! that's the cutest! boy daylight savings time is killing us! we're trying to keep him up till 8 (new time) but he's falling over sleepy by 7 (cause he's still on his time). oh well. :)
Post a Comment