Sunday, September 24, 2006

I HATE THE SWING
In the early days, I had to hold David a lot... I mean a whole lot. I was locked to my sofa, computer or bed at least 20 of the 24 hours in the day nursing or just watching him sleep. Most of the time I didn't mind. There were times I did want a little break to go to the bathroom, shower, or eat...you know basic things everyone wants. David just wouldn't let me put him down for anything. When I did, he would scream at the top of his lungs. I mean he could be knocked out with drool coming down his onesie. As soon as I put him down, he would wake up. He even kept one eye open, watching us. I tried the swing when he was two weeks old hoping he would like it and give mommy a break at least for 30 minutes or so. He let me know immediately that he didn't. I tried again when he was about a month old. He tolerated it for about 10 minutes. Then he had enough. He held his breath and the ram's roar came out: "TAKE ME OUT NOW!" You wouldn't even guess he once hated the swing so much. These days he'll nap in it for up to 3 hours. I never thought I would see the day.

No comments: